Scientific Club of Winnipeg fonds
Call Number: Mss 44 (A.81-43)

Title: Scientific Club of Winnipeg fonds.

Dates: 1905-1981

Extent: 0.5 m of textual records.

Administrative history: The Scientific Club of Winnipeg was founded in 1905 by a group of eight individuals who wanted to establish a small private society to discuss new and current scientific questions. Members met every two weeks to discuss problems and record progress. Membership was initially restricted to forty but due to popular demand gradually increased to one hundred in 1926. Meetings continued until 1981.

Custodial history: The fonds was donated to University of Manitoba Archives & Special Collections by Marion H. Ferguson in 1981.

Scope and content: The fonds contains the constitution, membership, attendance and committee lists, notices of meetings, annual reports, papers, abstracts, questionnaires, correspondence, and minute books of the Scientific Club of Winnipeg.

Restrictions: There are no restrictions on this material

Finding aid: A printed finding aid is available in the Archives reading room.