What to include:
- Introduce yourself.
- State the program you are in.
- Explain the most interesting part of your research and what sets it apart.
Check out this video of Karlee Dyck, 2016 winner, who shares her tips on how to create an application video.
- Ensure the lighting is good. Stand near a light source so that your face is well lit, but do not stand in front of the light, otherwise you will be in silhouette.
- Speak clearly and slowly so the committee can keep up with what you are saying.
- Record the video in one shot – editing is not necessary.
- 30 seconds is a short amount of time. Make every moment count and avoid filler words like “um”.