Radioisotopes/ Radioactive Materials

Updated October 30, 2017

The Radiation Safety Program has been developed in consultation with the Radiation Protection Committee.

Link to related UM Governance documents

Radioisotope Permit The Radiation Protection Committee issues an Internal X-ray Permit to control all procurement, use, storage, transfer and disposal of all radioactive materials in all areas under the control of the University.  To apply for in permit, use the Internal Radioisotope Permit Application.

For more information consult the Radiation Safety Manual.

Radiation Safety Data Sheets (RSDSs) -CNSC website

Contact us at or the Radiation Safety Officer at 204-789-3613; the Radiation Safety Specialist at 204-789-3654; or the Laboratory Safety Technician at 204-789-3359.