University 1 students will eventually leave U1 to move into a faculty. When this will occur will depend upon a few factors including the number of completed credit hours and which faculty a student may be targeting. For many U1 students, a transit to the Faculty of Arts or Faculty of Science is the most straightforward option. See below for details regarding the transit option:
- Option 1: University 1 students who have completed between 24 and 30 credit hours by the end of the academic year, are eligible to move in to either the Faculty of Arts or the Faculty of Science. These students do not have to apply for admission; instead, are able to transit. The Transit from University 1 function becomes available in Aurora each year in mid-June. See below for specific steps to transit. There is no fee to transit.
- Option 2: Alternatively, students who have completed between 24 and 27 credit hours may elect to remain in University 1 and register for a full course load in the following regular academic year.
- Option 3: Students who have completed 30 credit hours by the end of the winter term are no longer eligible to remain in University 1 and are required to either transit to the Faculty of Arts or the Faculty of Science, or apply to an advanced entry program for which they have admission requirements.
How to Transit to Arts or Science
Before you register for Fall/Winter courses:
- Log onto Aurora (beginning June 15, 2020)
- Click on Enrolment and Academic Records
- Click on Declarations
- Click on Transit from University 1
- Choose Arts or Science
You need at least a minimum of 24 attempted credit hours to transit from University 1 into the Faculty of Arts or Faculty of Science.
Faculty of Arts
134 Fletcher Argue
204 474 9100
Faculty of Science
5 June 2020
239 Machray Hall
204 474 8256