Canadian University Graduate Transfer Agreement

A student who wishes to participate in the Canadian University Graduate Transfer Agreement and whose Home institution is the University of Manitoba must complete the CUGTA form. For more information on the CUGTA agreement see the Terms of Reference on the Request Form for CUGTA. The forms should be completed and returned to:

University of Manitoba
Faculty of Graduate Studies
500 University Centre
Winnipeg, Manitoba
R3T 2N2
FAX:  204-474-9377

Please note that it is up to the Host Institution as to whether or not you will be required to pay an application fee and tuition/associated fees for the courses selected.  Please contact the Host Institution for details on their policy.  Once the Faculty of Graduate Studies has approved the course, we will contact the Host Institution for their approval.   When the approval has been granted by the Host Institution, you will receive a Letter of Permission from the Registrar's Office at University of Manitoba.  You should also ensure that you have received an admission letter from the Host Institution and you are responsible for ensuring you are registered for the course at the Host Institution.   When the course has been completed and a grade assigned, please arrange to have an official transcript of marks from the Host Institution sent directly to the Registrar's Office, 400 University Centre, University of Manitoba.

**If you are a student at a university covered by the CUGTA agreement and wish to attend the University of Manitoba as a Host Institution, your application fee will be waived, however tuition and associated fees will not be waived.  

Note : Students who wish to attend most Universities in Western Canada should complete the Western Deans Agreement Form rather than the Canadian University Graduate Transfer Agreement Form (CUGTA). It is important to note that universities will not accept applications for the Western Dean's Agreement past specific deadlines, which should be available on each Western Dean's University website (at the respective Faculty of Graduate Studies page).