Leave of Absence

Undergraduate Students

Some undergraduate programs require registration in each academic year following admission and first registration. Other programs permit students to study in some terms and be inactive in others with out the need to re-apply for admission. Consult your faculty or school section of the Calendar or supplementary regulations available in faculty general offices for details.

Note: all students, regardless of faculty, who have been inactive for consecutive academic terms must contact their faculty prior to registration. Please see Returning to Study.

Graduate Students

Students in the Faculty of Graduate Studies are expected to maintain continuous registration from admission through to graduation. Students who are unable to maintain continuous registration must contact their department to request approval for a Leave of Absence. There are special leave of absence regulations for parental leave and other exceptional circumstances. Contact the Faculty of Graduate Studies for details.

Updates October 14, 2014.