The Intensive Academic English Program (IAEP) has a dedicated Academic Advisor available for student support, especially for those in Level 5 planning their next steps into a degree program.
The Academic Advisor will:
- Help identify academic goals;
- Assist by interpreting/explaining university policies, procedures, and requirements;
- Make proper referrals when necessary;
- Explain and clarify the function of major field of study and elective courses;
- Guide students towards satisfactory academic progress;
- Counsel cultural, social and personal issues; and
- Help with issues related to admissions and registration.
If you would like to meet with Helen Wang, IAEP Academic Advisor, please send her an email at Helen.Wang@umanitoba.ca to make an appointment.
Helen will be happy to meet with you!