- Conditional Admission applications must include a non-refundable application fee of CAD $295 ($120 U of M, $175 ELC).
- Academic English only applications must include the non-refundable tuition fee of CAD $500 for their first term, and a $175.00 ELC application fee.
- Students applying for Homestay must also include a non-refundable fee of CAD $150 (ICM students $200) with their application.
- We cannot send a Letter of Acceptance before these payments have been received. The balance of fees is due one month before the program start date.
Payments should be made to the University of Manitoba English Language Centre. Payments can be made by credit card or utilizing the GlobalPay for Students platform for international transfer of funds.
Credit Card Payment
We accept Visa and MasterCard. Note that credit cards often have limits on international transactions. Be aware that your payment may be delayed or unsuccessful because of this limit. Check with your bank first.
Payments originating from outside of Canada
The prefered method of remitting payment to the University of Manitoba from outside of Canada is via GlobalPay by Western Union.
The University of Manitoba is now working with Western Union Business Solutions to provide international students an alternative method for paying student bills. This payment option allows you to pay your student account balance in the currency of your choice and provides a simple and reliable way of initiating payments electronically.
Advantages of using the student payment portal include:
- You can easily obtain a foreign currency quote by accessing the Western Union Business Solutions GlobalPay for Students platform.
- You can pay your tuition and fees in the currency of your choice which will then be converted to Canadian Dollars.
- There are NO additional transaction charges from Western Union Business Solutions or The University of Manitoba, though you may be charged a transaction fee by your bank.
- The exchange rate is valid for 72 hours after the transaction is initiated, taking the uncertainty out of the total payment amount.
- The exchange rate is competitive when compared to most banks’ retail rates.
- Payments received will include your reference information, which ensures that your payment reaches your student account quickly.
- Payments will be electronically transmitted to University of Manitoba ensuring timely posting, typically 2 to 5 business days from the time you initiate the payment
For more detailed instructions on how to utilize GlobalPay, click here.
Steps to making a payment using GlobalPay
Step 1: Go to the GlobalPay for Students portal
Step 2: Process Payment
- Enter student details (student name, U of M Student ID number, e-mail address)
- Enter amount of Canadian Dollars to pay
- Enter amount of ELC Course Fees in the box labeled "English Language Centre"
- Enter amount of Homestay Fees in the box labeled "Homestay"
- Select payment currency.*
- Finalize transaction.
Step 3: Bank Transfer
- Use payment confirmation form to make a payment with your bank.
- Your bank will transfer funds to Western Union Business Solutions and they will send the funds to the University of Manitoba.
Step 4: Payment Finalized
- The University of Manitoba will post the Canadian Dollar equivalent to your student account or Homestay account.
If you encounter difficulties utilizing the GlobalPay for Students portal or are unable to utilize GlobalPay, please contact the University of Manitoba's Student Accounts office (tel.: +1-204-474-9433; e-mail: email@example.com)