The Faculty of Education, Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) offers an integrated Music and After-Degree Program with part-time options. After-Degree programs allow you to immerse yourself in the teachable subject areas that you desire to teach before you learn how to teach. This dedicated learning will make you a better-informed teacher in the classroom.
The B.Ed. program offers stream options that allow you to choose the age group you want to learn to teach. The streams available include:
- Early Years (K - Grade 4)
- Middle Years (Grade 5 - 8)
- Senior Years (Grade 9 -12)
B.Ed. Bachelor of Education
Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Education (PBDE)
M.Ed. Master of Education
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Education
Interesting courses and unique opportunities
- Art Infusion and the Digital Age - Students will be invited to critically consider relevant literature in the field and to explore the potential of imaginative engagement in their particular curricular area.
- Holistic Education and Interdisciplinary Curriculum - Students are invited to seek connections between multiple disciplines and to critically consider the possibilities of this approach to promote multiple ways of knowing.
- Deconstructing Education: Identity, Indigenous Issues and Critically Pedagogy - An examination of issues related to diversity in education.
- Teaching for Social Justice and Diversity Education - This course fosters dialogue in a high school setting that promotes effective strategies to challenge oppressive systems and promote social justice education.
- K - 12 Classroom Teacheres
- Adult Educators
- Correctional Teachers
- Business Education Teachers
- Educational Assistants
- Language Teachers
- English as an Additional Language Teachers
- Learning Specialists
- Clinical Instructors
- Student Support Teachers
- Trades Educators
- Educational Administrators
- Outreach Teachers / Youth Workers
- Curriculum Designers
- Education Consultants
- Education Researchers
Visit the application for admission page to learn about admission requirements, application dates and how to apply.
Faculty of Education
Bachelor of Education
Graduate Studies in Education