COVID-19 Notice: Academic Supports Available. More information.
The Academic Learning Centre (ALC) serves graduate and undergraduate, full and part-time students at the University of Manitoba. Students are invited to access the resources available on the ALC web page, make an appointment with a writing or study skills tutor, and/or attend workshops in order to further develop academic strengths and skills in writing, learning and research.
The Academic Learning Centre Services
Reception for the ALC is located in 205 Tier (U1 First Year Centre). Students, faculty, staff should see the U1 First Year Centre reception to book an appointment with an ALC instructor, get ALC postcards, or request more information about our services.
First Time Using the Academic Learning Centre?
- Go to manitoba.mywconline.com, and click on "Register for an account."
- Fill out all fields, create a password, and choose your reminder preferences. Use your @myumanitoba email address.
To Book a Tutoring Appointment in WCOnline:
- Log in at manitoba.mywconline.com.
- Select a schedule based on the appointment type you are looking for.
- Writing Skills: Elizabeth Dafoe Library schedule (the default schedule displayed)
Alternate library locations and online submissions are also available
- Study Skills: Migizii Agamik schedule
- Content Tutoring*: Migizii Agamik schedule
*Available in select courses only; check which courses each tutor is qualified in, and book accordingly
- Master’s and PhD students: Graduate Students schedule
- Choose an available appointment by clicking on an open (white) appointment block in the schedule. Blue or grey blocks in the schedule are unavailable and cannot be booked.
- Complete the appointment form with information for the tutor.
- Click "Save Appointment." Your booked appointment will now appear in yellow on the schedule, and you will receive a confirmation email. Please cancel your appointment online if you are unable to attend.