Please feel free to copy the following information about the ALC into your course outlines.
Writing, Content, and Study Skills Support
The Academic Learning Centre (ALC) offers services that may be helpful to you as you fulfill the requirements for this course.
- Individual tutoring
- Supplemental Instruction
- Online resources
- English as an Additional Language resources
Through the ALC, you may
- meet with a writing tutor who can give you feedback on your work, whether you are getting started on a written assignment or already have a draft.
- meet with a content tutor for select courses who can help you understand concepts and learn problem solving strategies.
- meet with a study skills specialist to discuss concerns such as time management, reading and note-taking strategies, and test-taking strategies.
- participate in Supplemental Instruction sessions for select undergraduate courses. These are weekly group sessions, facilitated by a peer mentor who has previously taken the course. To sign up for tutoring appointments, please go to manitoba.mywconline.com
For more information about ALC services, please visit the ALC website at umanitoba.ca/student/academiclearning
You can also talk with a member of the ALC staff by calling 204-480-1481.