Required Documents for your MOT Application
It is recommended that all supporting documentation be uploaded in the on-line application prior to submission in order to meet the application and document deadline. If an applicant has Fall 2020 courses in progress at the time of application proof of enrollment must be included in the on-line application. An updated transcript including Fall 2020 marks is required by the MOT Department prior to the February 1, 2021 deadline in order to complete application assessment. Please submit updated electronic transcripts directly to the MOT Department via email at CORS.MOTprogram@umanitoba.ca
An application is considered incomplete until all supporting documentation is received.
- An electronic version of all transcripts from previous and current post-secondary institutions other than the University of Manitoba. All post-secondary institutions attended must be disclosed in the application. Transcripts and proof of enrolment in current courses is required as part of the application.
University of Manitoba transcripts are not required as we can obtain them confidentially via Aurora Student. University of Manitoba students with a grade change in Aurora student must provide notification to our office prior to the February 1, 2021 deadline.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to inform the Admissions office at CORS.MOTprogram@umanitoba.ca in writing of any deferred exams or grade changes. All final grades, including grade changes must be submitted to the Admissions Office by the February 1, 2021 deadline in order for them to be included in the final selection process.
Official transcripts will only be required by the Faculty of Graduate Studies if you are recommended for admission. Official copies of your transcripts, degree certificates and/or translations are typically required within one month of your letter of offer.
- A one-page Letter of Introduction. The format of the letter should be similar to a cover letter. Letters can be addressed to Dr. Pamela Wener, Chair, Admissions and Selections Committee. Applicants should outline their interest and suitability for a career as an occupational therapist.
- A brief Resume outlining academic, volunteer and work experience.
- Evidence of English language proficiency where applicable. , The Faculty of Graduate Studies English Language Test Exemption List is available here and a listing of approved MOT English Language Proficiency tests and minimum score requirements can be found here.
- Upload relevant written correspondence from the MOT Chair of Admissions or CoRS Admissions Officer in support of your application if a special request has been made.
Last update: October 2020