Executive & Other Committees
The University of Manitoba Retirees Association (UMRA) gained its official recognition by the University of Manitoba May 14, 2003.
UMRA is a founding member of the College and University Retiree Associations of Canada (CURAC) and its purpose is to act as a liaison between the U of M retirees and the University, to encourage and promote a spirit of collegiality among members of the association and organize and promote activities for its members, and to facilitate interaction with other retiree/senior organizations.
University of Manitoba Retirees Association
Annual General Meeting
(Cancelled due to COVID-19 pandemic)
This document represents my third Annual Report as President of UMRA. Selected highlights of last year’s activities are presented below:
- Due to the COVID pandemic, there has been no in person meeting of the Executive Committee since February 2020. However, the Committee is meeting virtually to address issues of interest to the University of Manitoba retirees.
- Due to the pandemic, the Executive Committee of UMRA has decided to maintain its current elected representatives in their positions until the next scheduled Annual Meeting in October of 2021.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, UMRA has eliminated membership dues for the 2020-2021 year of the organization.
UMRA continues to support a bursary, a scholarship, and the Second Prize for the Annual 3-MT Research Competition.
- Please consider participating in our Committees to insure maintenance and enhancement of our services to retirees.
Retirement planning sessions to improve information for those nearing retirement continue, but have been interrupted this year by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Please refer to our website: http://umanitoba.ca/outreach/retirees to keep up to date with the current status of the Supplementary Health Benefits Program for University of Manitoba retirees.
- I have been elected to the Board of Directors of CURAC, the national body that works to represent the interests of all retirees of colleges and universities in Canada.
Dan Sitar, President