February 15, 2021: Application deadline. Apply here!
February 22, 2021: Video recordings deadline.
Interviews will be schedule in early March.
Please note, that admission may not be possible for all qualified applicants. Admission is dependent on:
Specific audition requirements by area of study:
All collaborative piano auditions will be recorded. Please record your selections in a safe setting – if you are unable to record safely with singers, we will accept videos of you singing and playing the vocal selections. Feel free to include recordings of live performances from Fall 2019 to present as supplemental material.
• First movement of any Beethoven violin or cello sonata
• One movement of any violin or cello sonata by Brahms or Franck
Vocal (All to be played in original keys)
• Schubert - Gretchen am Spinnrade OR Ganymed
• Strauss – Allerseelen OR Zueignung
• Debussy – Il pleure dans mon Coeur OR Faure – Clair de Lune
• Piano solo of your choice - approximately 7-10 minutes in duration. This can be a short piece or movement(s) from any larger work.
For 2021 we understand it may be difficult to arrange accompaniment for your audition recordings. Students may record with an accompanist if they would like to and/or are able to work with an accompanist in a safe and socially distanced manner, however, this is not required for your audition.