Government of Canada’s Student Work Placement Program (SWPP)
You may be eligible to receive up to $7,000 in wage subsidies! Access this funding for your next co-op hire, for more information click here.
As part of the Government of Canada's Student Work Placement Program (SWPP), a variety of funding opportunities are available for employers to hire students for the purposes of experiential learning. This funding is being administered by Employment and Social Development Canada.
When you hire co-op students and/or graduates, your organization may also qualify for these tax incentives.
- The Paid Work Experience Tax Credits are a group of programs that help employers create work experience opportunities for students in Manitoba.
- The Co-op Students Hiring Incentive (COS-HI) is an employer benefit that provides a 15% of salary tax credit, up to a maximum of $5,000 per student.
- Co-op Graduate Hiring Incentive (COG-HI) is designed to connect graduates of registered co-operative education programs to full-time employment related to their field of study. Employers who hire and retain a graduate can claim up to 15% of wages and salaries in each of the first two full years of employment, to a maximum of $2,500 per graduate.
- For further information on the COS-HI or COG-HI, please visit the Paid Work Experience Tax Credits website or contact (204) 948-2115, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For a list of all SWPP employer delivery partners click here.