Last updated: Nov 1, 2020
As Canadians continue to address the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Asper School of Business, in collaboration with all of our partners and stakeholders, remains committed to protecting your health and wellbeing.
For all Asper students, this means:
The Career Development Centre, Co-op, and MBA and MFIN Graduate offices have transitioned to virtual delivery of all student services. While our physical offices will be closed as a precaution until further notice, our team is working remotely to ensure that all Undergraduate, Co-op and Masters students are fully supported during this period.
We know that many of you have a lot of questions and concerns. Please refer to the FAQ below.
What support is being offered for students seeking employment?
For all Asper Undergraduate and Masters students:
- The Asper Career Portal remains available for all of your career needs.
- Resume reviews, mock interviews, and coaching sessions with Career Consultants will be offered virtually. Schedule an appointment through the Career Portal or by email at any time.
- Most interviews and events will be conducted virtually as students and graduates job search. It is important to prepare and practice with technology such as Zoom, MS Teams and others. Reach out to book a practice session prior to an actual interview or event.
- We will be hosting workshops, career fairs, networking events throughout the upcoming year. Stay connected through the Career Portal and follow CDC Instagram for further information.
- For MFIN and MBA students, we continue to be available should you need individualized support. Contact Echo Duan or Katie Derksen for further assistance.
What mental health support services are available if I am feeling overwhelmed by stress and anxiety?
- The Student Counselling Centre (SCC) continues to be available to provide counselling support to University of Manitoba students during the COVID-19 pandemic via telephone. Call 204-474-8592 to request a counselling appointment.
The University of Manitoba also offers other resources including:
Where can I find the most up-to-date information for the entire U of M community?