The application deadline for the President's Student Leadership Program, including all supporting documents, is Sunday, March 1, 2020.
Applications should include:
- A 500 word (maximum) personal statement that explains:
- Why you want to participate in the program
- Your leadership experience to date:
- Provide specific examples of recent formal or informal leadership you have exercised in your community, workplace or university/college. Comment on:
- what motivated you to take on the role(s) and actions;
- what challenges you encountered; and
- what you see as your key achievements and their impact.
- How you demonstrate the qualities outlined in the previous section;
- What you will do with the knowledge that you gain as a participant in the President's Student Leadership Program in your immediate and longer term future.
- You may also identify in your statement if you are a member of an historically underrepresented group.
- A current resume
- An official transcript indicating proof of continuing successful status in your university/college program, and your year of study (this will not be used to evaluate GPA)
- Two letters of testimonial from people you have worked with (instructors, supervisors, Elders, mentors, employers or others who can comment, with examples, on your leadership actions and potential). Please send this link to testimonial writers and note that testimonials can only be accepted online. Full instructions can be found on the Testimonial Submission Page.
Applicant interviews will be held between March 9th and 18th. Those invited to an interview, to be held in small groups, will be given the choice between several time slots, including early evening. Interviews will take place at the University of Manitoba for Winnipeg applicants; those more distant will be offered in the applicant’s location. Candidates will be notified by Friday, March 6th if they have been invited to an interview. Full details about what to expect from the interview will be provided in advance.
The President’s Student Leadership Program is strongly committed to diversity and inclusion as fundamental to leadership and seeks to develop cohorts that are representative of Manitoba’s population.
Successful applicants will be advised by March 30th that they have been accepted into the program.