Mandy is a 2003 graduate of the BESS – Athletic Therapy Program at the University of Manitoba. She attained her certification as an Athletic Trainer through the National Athletic Trainers Association in April 2004 and then she became certified with the Canadian Athletic Therapists Association in June 2004.
She was previously employed at Westman Evaluation and Rehabilitation Center in Brandon, MB. There she worked with members of the community, WCB/MPI clients and local athletes. In conjunction with the physiotherapists, she developed and implemented Work Hardening Programs and Physical Reconditioning Programs as well as assessment and treatment of acute and chronic musculoskeletal injuries and conditions.
Mandy has worked in a variety of amateur and elite sport environments as an Athletic Therapist:
- Brandon AAA Midget Wheat Kings Hockey Team – 2003-2004 National Champions
- Team Manitoba U18 Women’s Hockey Team
- 2007 Canada Winter Games – Whitehorse (host society Athletic Therapist)
- Team Manitoba U18 Men’s Soccer Team – Edmonton, AB
- 2011 Canada Winter Games – Halifax (host society Athletic Therapist)
- 2013 Canada Summer Games – Sherbrooke (Team Manitoba Medical Liaison)
- Hockey Manitoba Program of Excellence – Medical Coordinator
Some manual therapy and emergency courses Mandy has experience in are:
- Soft Tissue Release
- PNF Patterns of the Upper Extremity in Rehabilitation
- Neuro-proprioceptive Taping
- Level C/HCP CPR with AED
- First Responder
- Introduction to Osteopathic Techniques
Currently, Mandy is a Certified Athletic Therapist at the Bison Athletic Therapy Centre working with Bison athletes, University of Manitoba staff and students and members of the community treating musculoskeletal injuries and conditions. She is Head Athletic Therapist for the Bison Men’s and Women’s Hockey teams and co-head Athletic Therapist for the Team Canada Women’s National Volleyball Team.