0745 to 0845 Hours
Theatre B - Basic Medical Sciences Building
(Link to NG002 St. Boniface Hospital)
Live webcast at https://media1.cc.umanitoba.ca/TheatreB.html
0800 to 0900 Hours
Virtual Rounds – Zoom Meeting
Join Zoom Meeting using link below:
Meeting ID: 870 424 861 / Password: 880676
One tap mobile
+14388097799,, 870424861# Canada
+15873281099,, 870424861# Canada
Dial by your location
+1 438 809 7799 Canada
+1 587 328 1099 Canada
+1 647 374 4685 Canada
+1 647 558 0588 Canada
+1 778 907 2071 Canada
Meeting ID: 870 424 861
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/awFvidBf7
SEPTEMBER 16 2020
"Fetal Growth Restriction”
DR. JACK HEARD, PGY3- Resident, Obstetrics & Gynecology
(Faculty Advisor: Dr. Christy Pylypjuk)
- Review the importance of fetal growth and its importance in fetal + postnatal wellbeing.
- Differentiate size and growth, specifically small for gestational age vs. fetal growth restriction.
- Review tools and markers used to diagnose, surveille, and manage fetal growth restriction.
- Describe the two major clinical phenotypes of fetal growth restriction by gestational age and how they differ.
- Review the management of early and late fetal growth restriction.
SEPTEMBER 23 2020
AUGUST 26 2020
"Fetal assessment utilization and acuity during COVID-19: Using the 1st wave of the pandemic to inform future planning."
Presenter: Katrina Lanyon (4th-Yr BSc Co-Op Student)
Supervisor: Dr. Christy Pylypjuk (MFM)
- Evaluate temporal trends in FAU utilization during the 1st wave of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Understand changes in acuity of cases seen throughout the pandemic.
- Identify opportunities for practice improvements and resource allocation during future waves of the pandemic.
JULY 8 2020
PERIPARTUM AND THE BRAIN - “ARE YOU PONDERING WHAT I’M PONDERING?”
Dr. JENNA SHIRLEY, PGY4- Resident, Obstetrics & Gynecology
(Faculty Advisor: Dr. Jennifer Hunt)
Dr. JENNA SHIRLEY, PGY4- Resident, Obstetrics & Gynecology(Faculty Advisor: Dr. Jennifer Hunt)
- Review changes in physiology of the brain, and cardiovascular system in pregnancy
- Review atypical neurovascular complications in the peripartum period
- Case reports and outcomes
- Recommendations for prevention and treatment
JUNE 3 2020
“TWISTED SISTER: MANAGEMENT OF OVARIAN TORSION”
Representing Peds/Adolescent Group:
Dr. AMANDA MORRIS, MD, FRCSC
Section Head, Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
- Discuss diagnosis & management of ovarian torsion
- Advocate for the benefits of conservative management & ovarian preservation
- Discuss how to improve care for patients presenting with signs & symptoms of ovarian torsion in Manitoba
JUNE 10 2020
"CANCER IN PREGNANCY”
Combined MFM and Gyn Onc Fellows:
DR. RACHELLE GOVIA, PGY-6 Fellow, Maternal Fetal Medicine
DR.EMMA MARKSTROM, PGY-6 Fellow, Gynecological Oncology
(Faculty Advisor: Dr. Jennifer Hunt / Dr. Sarah Kean / Dr. Amanda Morris)
- Introduce the most common malignancies diagnosed in pregnancy and summarize key aspects specifically tailored for the OBGYN
- Discuss unique implications in the management of the patient diagnosed with a malignancy in pregnancy
JUNE 17 2020
“PIGF AND SFLT BIOMAKERS BASED TESTING TO HELP DIAGNOSE SUSPECTED PRE-ECLAMPSIA”
DR. RAYYAN ROZZAH, PGY-3 Resident, Obstetrics & Gynecology
(Faculty Advisor: Dr. Michael Helewa)
- Review PIGF/sflt-1 Physiology
- Clinical need and practice
- Review PELICAN and PROGNOSIS Studies
- Review NICE Guidelines
- Diagnostic Test Accuracy
- Cost and resources implications