- population and public health
- organizational delivery of health services
- determinants of health
For an up to date link to publications from Butler-Jones please click here
- Darcy, Kosteniuk, Smith, Nilson, Cholowsky, Bowen, and Butler-Jones, “Depression in Saskatchewan: An Analysis of the Saskatchewan Population Health and Dynamics Survey”University of Saskatchewan
- MacLean, S., Feather, J., Butler-Jones, D., “Action for Learning, Learning form Action: Building Health Promotion Capacity”, in Publication, BC University Press
- Beck, P., Butler-Jones, D., _et al, Statin Use and Risk of Breast Cancer, Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, 2003
- Krewski, D., Butler-Jones, D., et al, “Managing the Microbiological Risks of Drinking Water” 2003 Managing health risks from drinking water-a report to the Walkerton inquiry. Journal of Toxicology & Environmental Health Part A. 65(21): 1635-823, 2005 (Nov 8). Krewski, D., Balbus, J., Butler-Jones, D., et al, “Managing Health Risks from Drinking Water” Commissioned Paper 7; The Walkerton Inquiry, Feb 2002
- Preddy, G et al, Population Health: Making it relevant in an Integrated Health System, Annals RCPSC, 2002; December Ebbesen, L.S., Bell Woodard, G., McLean, S., Butler-Jones, D., Green, K., Reeder, B.A., Steer, S.L., Feather, J. Saskatchewan Dissemination Story. (2001). Promotion and Education Journal. (1 suppl): S35-S39.
- Butler-Jones, D. “Whither the Health of the Public” in “Health and Welfare Systems
- Development in the 21 st Century” Proceedings of the Second Global Symposium 29-31, October 2001WHO-Kobe Center (2001)
- McLean, S., Ebbesen, L.S., Green, K., Reeder, B.A., Butler-Jones, D., Steer, S. Capacity for Community Development: An Approach to Conceptualization and Measurement. (2001). Journal of the Community Development Society. 32(2): 251-271.
- McLean, S., Ebbesen, L.S., Green, K., Reeder, B.A., Butler-Jones, D., Steer, S. Continuing Education for Health Promotion: A Case Study of Needs Assessment Practice. (2000). Canadian Journal of University Continuing Education. 26(1):11-30.
- Butler-Jones, D. “Health Promotion in Clinical Practice” – chapter commentary in “Settings for Health Promotion: L. Green et al editors. Sage 1999
- Butler-Jones, D. Applying a Population Health Approach, Can J Pub Health 1999;90s1:s62-s64.
- Stang MR, Wysowski D, Butler-Jones D. Incidence of lactic acidosis in metformin users. Diabetes Care 1999;22:925-927.
- S. McLean, D. Butler-Jones, K. Green, B. Reeder, J. Feather, L. Ebbesen, M. Moore, and S. Steer, 1999. Capacity-Building: Appropriate Concepts, Strategies and Research Methods for Heart Health Promotion in Developing Countries. Scientific Abstracts from the International Conference on Heart Health in the Developing Countries. 47-48, New Delhi, India.
- S. McLean, D. Butler-Jones, K. Green, B. Reeder, J. Feather, L. Ebbesen, M. Moore, S. Steer, 1999. Preventing Cardiovascular Disease in Saskatchewan: Building Capacity in the Health District System. Scientific Abstracts from the International Conference on Heart Health in the Developing Countries, 23, New Delhi, India.
- S. McLean, D. Butler-Jones, K. Green, B. Reeder, J. Feather, L. Ebbesen, M. Moore, S. Steer, 1999. Understanding and Assessing Capacity for Community Development Work. Proceedings of the Community Development Society 31 st Annual International Conference, digital publication, Spokane, Washington.
- Canadian Heart Health Surveys Research Group. “Obesity: a risk factor for cardiovascular disease. The Canadian heart health surveys”. Can Med Assoc J 1997; 157(1suppl).
- Bulter-Jones, D. Enhancing Prevention in the Practice of Health Professionals, Can J Pub Health 1996; 87:s75-s78.
- Butler-Jones, D. Provincial immunization and communicable disease information system coming on-line. Concern 1996; 25(6):13.
- Martin S. Bouchard F, Butler-Jones D, et al. Health policy and public involvement, Vancouver Health Board, British Columbia. Can J Pub Health 1996; 87(1):I1-I56.
- CPHA Working Group “The Role of Public Health in Health Systems Restructuring”, Can J Pub Health; 1996 (supplement)
- Butler-Jones D. Chair, National Enhancing Prevention Steering Committee. “Working Together for Health – Strategies for Today and Tomorrow” – 1995, Health Canada
- National Enhancing Prevention Steering Committee “Enhancing Prevention in the Practice of Health Professionals. Strategies for Today and Tomorrow” Health Canada 1993
- Morris B., Harason P., Butler-Jones D., “ Seroprevalence of Hepatitis B. in a Small Urban STD Clinic”. Can J Pub Health 1992; 83:73-74
- Morris B, Butler-Jones D. Community advocacy and the MD: physicians should stand up and stand out (editorial). Can Med Assoc J 1991; 144:1316-7
- Hands, B., Butler-Jones, D. Hearing Loss: The Silent Epidemic Ont. Med. Review Apr. 1988:26-31
- Butler-Jones D. “The Pitfalls of Prevention”, Canadian Family Physicians, January 1987; 33:9-10
- Butler-Jones D. “Support for Preventive Public Health Programs”, Canadian Family Physician, April 1987; 33:1051-1052
- Pasteurella Multocida Septicemia During Pregnancy, 1986 CMAJ Dec. 15/86; 135(12):1369-1372
Publication as part of conference proceedings (WHO, PAHO and others) on such topics as Primary Health, Health System Reform, Immunization, Hepatitis C etc.
Publications in the form of reports as either primary or secondary author-
Tobacco or Health – Saskatoon 2003
Primary Health and Public Health – Saskatoon 2004
The role of Public Health and Surveillance – Health Canada 2003
Framework for Infection Control in First Nation's Communities – Health Canada 2003
Publications in the form of reports at the provincial or national level as chair or part of committees occurred on a range of health policy and public health topics.
Provincial Diabetes Strategy – Saskatchewan
Framework for Health Surveillance – Health Canada
Core Programs for Public Health – Saskatchewan
Infection Control manual – Saskatchewan
Population Health Promotion Manual – Saskatchewan
A range of Public Health related committees at the National and Provincial Levels