Dr. Adam is not currently accepting new students (Feb 2015)
Epidemiology of antimicrobial resistant pathogens in Canada , particularly antibiotic resistant organisms with infection control implications such as MRSA and hVISA/VISA/ VRSA ; Molecular diagnostics.
For an up to date link to publications from Dr. Adams please click here
- Adam HJ, L Louie, C Watt, E Bryce, D Gravel, M Loeb, A Matlow, A McGeer, MR Mulvey, AE Simor, and the Canadian Nosocomial Infection Surveillance Program. Detection and Characterization of Heterogeneous Vancomycin-Intermediate Staphylococcus aureus (hVISA) in Canada . 2010. Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 54: 945-49.
- Adam HJ, V Allen, A Currie, B Borgundvaag, AJ McGeer, AE Simor, SE Richardson, L Louie, B Willey, T Rutledge, J Lee, R Goldman, A Sommers, P Ellis, A Sarabia, J Rizos, KC Katz, for the EMERGENT Working Group. CA-MRSA: Prevalence in Skin and Soft Tissue Infections Presenting at Emergency Departments in the Greater Toronto Area and Associated Risk Factors. 2009. Can. J. Emerg. Med. 11: 439-46.
- Adam HJ, NM Laing, CR King, B Lulashnyk, DJ Hoban, GG Zhanel. In Vitro Activity of Nemonoxacin, a Novel Nonfluorinated Quinolone, against 2,440 Clinical isolates. 2009. Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 53: 4915-20.
- Adam HJ, DJ Hoban, AS Gin, GG Zhanel. Association between Fluoroquinolone Usage and a Dramatic Rise in Ciprofloxacin-resistant S. pneumoniae in Canada , 1997-2006. 2009. International J. Antimicrob. Agents. 34: 82-85.
- Zhanel GG, JA Karlowsky, M DeCorby, KA Nichol, A Wierzbowski, PJ Baudry, P Lagace-Wiens, A Walkty, F Schweizer, H Adam, M McCracken, MR Mulvey, The Canadian Antimicrobial Resistance Alliance, DJ Hoban. Prevalence of antimicrobial-resistant pathogens in Canadian hospitals: Results of the Canadian Ward Surveillance Study (CANWARD 2007). 2009. Can J Infect Dis Med Microbiol. 20: 9A – 19A.
- Adam HJ, M Groenewald, S Mohan, S Richardson, U Bunn, C Gibas, S Poutanen, L Sigler. Identification of a New Species, Candida subhashii , as a Cause of Peritonitis. 2009. Med. Mycol. 47:305 - 311.
- Nichol KA, HJ Adam, JA Karlowsky, GG Zhanel, DJ Hoban. Increasing Genetic Relatedness of Ciprofloxacin-Resistant S. pneumoniae Isolated in Canada from 1997 to 2005. 2008. Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 52:1190 - 1194.
- Adam HJ, A McGeer, A Simor. Fatal Case of Post-influenza Community-associated MRSA Pneumonia in an Ontario Teenager with Subsequent Familial Transmission. 2007. CCDR. 33: 44 – 48.
- Adam HJ, KN Schurek, KA Nichol, CJ Hoban, TJ Baudry, NM Laing, DJ Hoban, GG Zhanel. Molecular Characterization of Increasing Fluoroquinolone Resistance in S. pneumoniae in Canada , 1997-2005. 2007. Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 51: 198 – 207.
- Zhanel GG, S Fontaine , H Adam, K Schurek, M Mayer, AM Noreddin , AS Gin, E Rubinstein, DJ Hoban. A Review of New Fluoroquinolones: Focus on their Use in Respiratory Tract Infections. 2006. Treat. Respir. Med. 5: 437 - 465.
- Schurek KN, HJ Adam, DJ Hoban, GG Zhanel. Call for the International Adoption of the Microbiological Breakpoints for Fluoroquinolones and S. pneumoniae . 2006. Int. J Antimicrob. Agents. 28: 266 – 269.
- Zhanel GG, M Mayer, N Laing, HJ Adam. Mutant Prevention Concentrations of Levofloxacin Alone and in Combination with Azithromycin, Ceftazidime, Colistin (Polymyxin E), Meropenem, Piperacillin-Tazobactam, and Tobramycin against P. aeruginosa . 2006. Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 50: 2228-2230.
- Adam HJ, KN Schurek, MR DeCorby, B Weshnoweski, R Vashisht, K Karlowsky, DJ Hoban, GG Zhanel. Comparative in vitro activity of PGE 9262932 and fluoroquinolones against Canadian clinical S. pneumoniae isolates, including molecularly characterized ciprofloxacin-resistant isolates. 2006. J Antimicrob. Chemother. 58: 202 – 204.