- The MCHP Researcher Agreement is a document that outlines the obligations and responsibilities of the Manitoba Government (Manitoba Health, Seniors and Active Living (MHSAL)), the University of Manitoba (Manitoba Centre for Health Policy (MCHP)) and the Researcher (Principal Investigator)/Research Project Team with respect to accessing and performing research with the Manitoba Population Research Data Repository.
- There is a student version of the Researcher Agreement that is to be completed by the student and signed by the project supervisor (if applicable).
- The Researcher Agreement must be signed by the Principal Investigator/Student and submitted to MCHP after you have received all the necessary approval/permission documentation for your research project.
- Approval documentation is the "confirmation of approval/permission letter/documentation" you receive from HIPC; HREB; non-MHSAL data providers (if applicable); First Nations, Metis or Inuit representatives (if applicable), and for project specific data that is not part of the Manitoba Population Research Data Repository (if applicable).
- MCHP will facilitate the completion of the Researcher Agreement/Student Researcher Agreement after the final HIPC approval notice is received at MCHP.
- You must forward all the required project approval documentation, including the Researcher Agreement/Student Researcher Agreement, to the MCHP Repository Access Unit (RAU).
The required tasks include:
The next step in the MCHP Data Access Process is Step 7 - Project Initiation
Page Last Updated: March 3, 2020