|Financial Relief Navigator for COVID-19
In response to the Covid-19 crisis, Prosper Canada developed the Financial Relief Navigator, an online tool that helps vulnerable Canadians access critical emergency benefits and financial relief from governments, financial institutions, telecoms and internet providers. While some other tools focus on only emergency benefits, the FRN acts as a one-stop portal where Canadians can access relief measures from all of these entities.
||Some unique features include:
- Simple, intuitive navigation with plain language descriptions of benefits and financial relief measures.
- Information on the impact of COVID-19 benefits on existing benefits that people may already be receiving (e.g. Social Assistance.
- Information on relief measures in place for major banks, credit unions, utilities and telephone/internet providers.
COVID-19 GOVERNMENT UPDATES ON BENEFITS
- Government contact information - A summary sheet of agency phone numbers for federal and provincial benefits and applications.
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit
- Applying for Employment Insurance: an important Notice from Service Canada - Apply for EI benefits as soon as you stop working; you do not need to wait for your Record of Employment to submit your EI application.
- Canada's COVID-19 Economic Response Plan - Includes income support for individuals who need it most. For instance, for over 12 million low- and modest-income families who may require additional help with their finances, the Government is proposing to provide a one-time special payment by early May 2020 through the Goods and Services Tax credit(GSTC).
COVID-19 GOVERNMENT HEALTH RESOURCES