Providing an environment which assists students in becoming competent, caring, ethical physicians, with the ability to think critically requires a special team of Administrators who have been empowered to sustain and enhance the learning environment. Located within the Education Programs Office at 260 Brodie, the following members of the UGME Team are here to assist in delivering the Medical Education Program. An overview of the UGME Administrative Team and their responsibilities is outlined below.
Leadership and Administration UGME Program Office
Dr. Ira Ripstein Associate Dean, UGME
T: 204-975-7790 E: Ira.Ripstein@umanitoba.ca
Mr. Dave Fidler Business Manager, UGME
T: 204-789-3362 E: David.Fidler@umanitoba.ca
Ms. Anna Urbanik Administrator, Enrolment, UGME
- Responsible for the overall management of operations within the UGME program including information related to the operational and grant budgets and overall administration of academic programs.
T: 204-789-3627 E: Anna.Urbanik@umanitoba.ca
Ms. Lisa Arron Assistant to the Associate Dean / Business Manager, UGME
- Responsible for the enrolment administration of students within the UGME program including the management of student records, registration with the University of Manitoba and College of Physicians and Surgeons of Manitoba, verification of student status inquiries and required documentation.
- Primary point of contact for medical education verification requests for graduates of the MD Program.
- Primary point of contact for all Enrolment policies.
- Secretary Curriculum Executive and Program Evaluation Committees
T: 204-975-7790 E: Lisa.Arron@umanitoba.ca
Ms. Maggie Eade Program Administrator, Pre-Clerkship
- Responsible for administrative support to the Associate Dean, UGME and Business Manager, UGME.
- Coordinator "Med I/II Coffee with the Dean" and "Student Lunches with the Associate Dean".
- Secretary UGME Management Committee.
T: 204-272-3132 E: Maggie.Eade@umanitoba.ca
- Responsible for the overall administration and coordination of Year One and Two Pre-Clerkship curricular schedules.
- Primary point of contact for all Pre-Clerkship information and related policies.
Ms. Catherine Hutchinson Year 1 Modular Course Administrator, Pre-Clerkship
T: 204-789-3551 E: Year1UGME@umanitoba.ca
Ms. Stephanie Morin Year 1 Longitudinal Course Administrator, Pre-Clerkship
- Responsible for providing administrative support for UGME Year 1 Modular Courses, including Foundation of Medicine, Blood and Immunology 1, Cardiovascular 1 & 2, Respiratory 1 & 2, Neurosciences 1, Musculoskeletal 1, Endocrine & Metabolism 1, Women's Reproductive Health 1, Gastroentrology Hepatology and Nutrition 1, Urinary Tract 1, and Infectious Diseases and Therapeutics.
- Committee administrator, Committee on Online Learning (COOL)
T: 204-789-3686 E: LCYear1UGME@umanitoba.ca
Ms. Anu Bajwa Year 2 Modular Course Administrator, Pre-Clerkship
T: 204-789-3930 E: Year2UGME@umanitoba.ca
- Responsible for providing administrative support for UGME Year 1 Longitudinal Courses, including Clinical Reasoning 1, Clinical Skills 1, Indigenous Health 1, Population Health 1, and Professionalism 1.
- Primary point of contact for Year 1 Rural Week
- Committee administrator, Pre-Clerkship Curriculum Committee
Ms. Nadine Allain Year 2 Longitudinal Course Administrator, UGME
T: 204-977-5675 E: LCYear2UGME@umanitoba.ca
- Responsible for providing administrative support for Year 2 Modular Courses, including Blood and Immunology 2, Principles of Oncology 2, Neurosciences 2, Musculoskeletal 2, Endocrine & Metabolism 2, Women's Reproductive Health 2, Gastroentrology Hepatology and Nutrition 2, Urinary Tract 2, Consolidation, Dermatology, and Pain Management (part of Consolidation).
- Committee administrator, Curriculum Implementation Committee
- Responsible for providing administrative support for UGME Year 2 Longitudinal Courses, including Clinical Reasoning 2, Clinical Skills 2, Indigenous Health 2, Population Health 2, and Professionalism 2.
Ms. Darlene Lussier Course Administrator, Pre-Clerkship
T: 204-272-3094 E: Darlene.Lussier@umanitoba.ca
- Responsible for providing administrative support to the Clinical Skills course.
Mr. Eliya Ichihashi Interim Program Administrator, Clerkship
T: 204-789-3820 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Responsible for the overall administration and coordination of Year Three and Four Clerkship curricular schedules, Transition to Clerkship, Transition to Residency, and Clerkship Rotations.
- Primary point of contact for all Clerkship information and related policies.
- Primary point of contact for Physician Development Curriculum
- Primary contact for Clerkship Curriculum Committee (CCC)
Vacant Interim Administrator, Electives
T: 204-789-3291 E: electivesUGME@umanitoba.ca
- Responsible for the administration of Clerkship Electives including the planning, scheduling, confirming out-of-province & local electives; early electives & floating vacation; elective evaluations and collection of student feedback.
- Primary point of contact for the administration of the Summer Early Exposure Program, Experiential Learning Program, and Max Rady College of Medicine Exchange Programs.
Ms. Katherine Clark Administrator, Evaluation (Pre-Clerkship)
T: 204-789-3560 E: PreClerkEvaluations@umanitoba.ca
Ms. Jeanine Neish Administrator, Evaluation (Clerkship)
- Responsible for the administration and execution of Pre-Clerkship multiple choice assessments and reporting of Block/Course examinations and OCSE-type examinations
- Primary point of contact for the administration of question databases for all Pre-Clerkship examinations
T: 204-977-5657 E: ClerkEvaluations@umanitoba.ca
Ms. Kelly Evans Assistant, Evaluations
- Responsible for the administration and execution of Clerkship Evaluation including the organization, execution and reporting of National Board of Medical Examiners Examinations (NBME) for the University of Manitoba
- Primary point of contact for the administration of Medical Student Progress Report (MSPR) and Final In-Training Evaluation Reports (FITERs)
- Secretary Progress Committee
T: 204-789-3228 E: PreClerkEvaluations@umanitoba.ca
- Responsible for the administration and execution of summative and formative Objective Skills Clinical Examination Evaluations and Comprehensive Clinical Examinations.
- Secretary Pre-Clerkship Student Evaluation Committee/Secretary Clerkship Student Evaluation Committee