Our aim is to provide accessible programs that will enable IMGs to practice medicine in underserviced areas of Manitoba. Our programs have grown over the years with many IMGs practicing medicine and living in Manitoba. IMGs are an important part of medical services delivery in Manitoba.
What is the University of Manitoba International Medical Graduate Program?
The IMG program:
Who are the programs for?The IMG program is for:
The IMG program is not for:
What programs do the University of Manitoba offer to IMGs?
There are 2 streams for family medicine in rural Manitoba:
- assessment program for IMGs who are ready to practice medicine independently (PRA MB-FP) (formerly IMGACL)
- training program for IMG physicians who require some training (MLPIMG)
- assessment program for medical specialists (PRA MB-SP) (formerly NRSAP)
- orientation program (Orientation)
- physician support/mentorship program (IMGMCE)
How do I apply to the IMG Program?
- the University of Manitoba IMG Program for admissions and the IMG programs
- the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Manitoba (CPSM), the licensing body which provides the licensing/registration required to undergo assessment/training
- the Manitoba HealthCare Providers Network - supports recruitment and retention of healthcare professionals to deliver health care services in Manitoba and coordinates sponsorship opportunities within RHAs
Fees and program costs
Last Update: July, 2020