Adnan Shah — email@example.com
B.Sc., BDS, MDS (UK); FRACDS (Australia); FDSRCS (Edinburgh); FFDRCS (Ireland);
FCPS (Pakistan); FDSRCPS (Glasgow); FRCDC (Canada); Diplomate American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Department Head, Dental Diagnostic and Surgical Sciences
Professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Division Head and Program Director OMFS
Head OMFS Health Sciences Centre
Dr. Shah obtained his Bachelor of Dental Surgery from de-Montmorency College of Dentistry, Pakistan. He did his graduate residency training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery leading to the degree of Master of Dental Surgery from University of Manchester, United Kingdom.
Dr. Shah is a Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow, Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons Australia, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Pakistan, Royal College of Dentist of Canada and Diplomate American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
Since 1986, he has pursued his academic career and has worked in academia in Pakistan, United Kingdom and Canada. Dr. Shah has supervised /co-supervised undergraduate and graduate students and also is an internal/external examiner for BSc Dent, M Dent, MSc, FCPS, MPhil Oral Biology and Oral Pathology. He has collaborated internationally, published in peer reviewed journals and presented as an invited speaker at both national and international conferences.
Areas of specialization:
Research areas of interest:
1. S.Ali,R.Geelani,SAA Shah:Assesment of Diagnostic Accuracy of Orthopantomogram in determining The root morphology of the Impacted Mandibular Third Molars: Pakistan Oral and Dental Journal(PODJ) Vol 35, No 3,September, 2015.
2. P Rahman, A Aslam, M Yonus, U Luqman, M Saleem,J Mughal, SAA Shah:Optimal and Efficient
Management of Mandibular Fractures. Pakistan Oral and Dental Journal(PODJ) Vol 35, No 2,June 2015.
3. A Aslam,M Yonus,P Rehman,U Luqman,SAA Shah:Buccal Fat Pad In Management of Oroantral Fistula. Pakistan Oral and Dental Journal (PODJ).Vol 35 , No 1, March 2015.
4. SAA Shah,A Aslam, M Yonus: Third Molars and Angle Fractures:Pakistan Oral and Dental Journal(PODJ), Vol 36,No 1 March 2015.
5. Z Qayyum,A Aslam,M Yonus,P Rehman,U Luqman,SAA Shah: Intraoperaative Complications of Sagittal Split Ramus Osteotomy . Pakistan Orthodontic Journal (POJ):6(2) 65-71,2014.
6. S.Ali,A.Nazir,A.Shah,M.Akhtar:Dental Caries and Pericronitis Associated with Impacted Mandibular third Molars—A clinical and Radiographic Study.PODJ, VOL 34, No.2, June 2014.
7. S.Naghipur,A.Shah, R.Elgazzar:Does the Presence or Position of Lower Third Molars alter the Risk of Mandibular angle and condylar fractures?.JOMS,72;1766-1772:2014.
8. Hossain M., Shah. A, Biswas, R. Frequency of Temporomandibular Joint Ankylosis in Various Age Groups with References to Etiology. Chattagram Maa-O-Shishu Hospital Medical College Journal. Vol. 13. Issue 2. Pg. 17-20. May 2014.
9. S.Ahmed,M.Badar,A.Waheed,A.Shah:Viabilty of Costochondral Graft in Temporomandibular Joint Ankylosis: PODJ, Vol 34,No 1,March 2014
10. M.Badar,A.Shah,A.Waheed. Etiology of Mandibular Fractures : A study from Tertiary Care Hospital PODJ, Vol 34,No 1,March 2014
11. A.Shah, A. Aslam, Mirza A, Ali S: 2013: Bronj: A Work of Caution in Bisphosphonate Prescription: Journal of Surgical Update.
12. Getulio R. Nogueir-Filho, Sylvia Todescan, A Shah, Bruno T. Rosa, Urbino da R. Tunes and Joao B. Cesar Neto (2011) Impact of Cannibis Sativa (Marijuana) Smoke on Alveolar Bone Loss: A Histometric Study in Rats. Journal of Periodontology 2011, Vol. 82, No. 11, Page 1602-1607.
13. S.A.A. Shah, A. Aslam, Mirza AI, Ali, S (2010) Bisphosphonate Related Osteonecrosis of the Jaws, J Ayub Med Coll Abbottabad 2010;22(3)
14. Nyach Hyon P., S.A.A. Shah (June 2010) Management Outcomes of Zygomatic – Maxillary Complex Fractures. Journal of Nepal Dental Association 2010.. Vol. 11, No. 2PP 27-31.
AOCMF Foundation (2013-Present)
SORG North American Group (2014- Present)
International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (2006-present)
Pakistan Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (2005-Present)
Member, Manitoba Dental Association (no. 070-555-441) (2009-Present)
Member, Manitoba Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (MAOMS) (2009-Present)
Pakistan Medical & Dental Council, (D-1284) (1984-Present)
Pakistan Dental Association (2000-Present)
De-Montmorency College of Dentistry graduate association (1986-Present)
Member Canadian Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery