University of Manitoba - Faculty of Arts - Transfer Students
Transfer Students

Students who apply to transfer to the Faculty of Arts must have completed no fewer than 24 credit hours of university level coursework and must have achieved a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.00. Students who have com­pleted 24 credit hours or more and who have not achieved at least a 2.00 cumulative grade point average will be considered for admission on the basis of an adjusted grade point average.

An adjusted grade point average is calculated by using the best 24 credit hours of course work.  The average required on the best 24 credit hours would need to be a 2.00.

Students who have exceeded the maximum number of "F" grades permitted on cours­es acceptable for credit in Arts (i.e. 36 credit hours of F grades) should contact the Faculty of Arts for further information and advice.

An external transfer student is one who has completed courses at another recognized post-secondary institution. External transfers can receive a maximum of two years (60 credit hours) of credit applied to a University of Manitoba degree, subject to Faculty regulations and requirements. Only work completed within the last ten years will be considered for transfer credit.

An internal transfer student is one who has completed courses in another faculty at the University of Manitoba. In most cases, there are no limits based on the amount of work that can be transferred or the date of original course completion.

Anyone who has been placed on academic suspension by another faculty, school, or external institution will not normally be admissible if less than one year has elapsed since he/she had been placed on suspension. The waiting period will be increased to two years if the student has been placed on suspension more than once in consecutive years.

All transfer students must apply for admission to the Faculty of Arts on-line by the deadline date. Please go to

Original or certified transcripts with course outline(s) are required from all previous universities/colleges. Course outlines for external courses may also be required. Transfer credit is assessed once all transcripts and course outlines are submitted.