Associate Professor (PhD British Columbia)
Field of Specialization: Canadian Politics
- Political Parties
- Municipal Politics
Peer Reviewed Articles
- Blidook, Kelly, and Royce Koop. Forthcoming. Observing Representation: Participant observation with elected officials. SAGE Research Methods Cases.
- Farney, James, and Royce Koop. 2018. Auditing Party Democracy: The case of Canadian party constituency associations. Commonwealth & Comparative Politics 56(1): 84-102.
- Breux, Sandra, Jerome Couture, and Royce Koop. 2017. Turnout in Local Elections: Evidence from Canadian Cities, 2004-2014. Canadian Journal of Political Science 15(3): 699-722.
- Koop, Royce, and John Kraemer. 2016. Wards, At-Large Systems and the Focus of Representation in Canadian Cities. Canadian Journal of Political Science 49(3): 433-448.
- Koop, Royce. 2016. Institutional and Individual-Level Influences on Service Representation and Casework in Canadian Cities. Urban Affairs Review 52(5): 808-831.
- Koop, Royce, and Campbell Sharman. 2015. National Party Structure in Parliamentary Federations: Subcontracting Electoral Mobilization in Canada and Australia. Commonwealth & Comparative Politics 53(2): 177-196.
- Koop, Royce. 2014. Elite-Activist Relationships in Political Parties: A Social Exchange Analysis of Canadian Parties. Representation, 50(2): 259-270.
- Koop, Royce. 2012. The Unanticipated Consequences of Fewer Politicians: Bill 81, Federalism and Constituency Party Organization in Ontario. Canadian Public Policy 38(4): 515-529.
- Koop, Royce and Alex Marland. 2012. Insiders and Outsiders: Presentation of Self on Canadian Parliamentary Websites and Newsletters. Policy and Internet, 4(3-4): 112-135.
- Koop, Royce. 2012. Party Constituency Associations and the Service, Policy, and Symbolic Responsiveness of Canadian Members of Parliament. Canadian Journal of Political Science 45(2): 359-378.
- Koop, Royce, and Amanda Bittner. 2011. Parachuted into Parliament: Candidate Nomination, Appointed Candidates, and Legislative Roles in Canada. Journal of Elections, Public Opinion, and Parties 21(4): 431-452.
- Koop, Royce. 2011. UK Devolution and Constituency Association Adaptation in Scotland and Wales. Representation 47(1): 85-97.
- Koop, Royce. 2010. Professionalism, Sociability, and the Liberal Party in the Constituencies. Canadian Journal of Political Science, 43,(4): 893-913.
- Koop, Royce, and Harold J. Jansen. 2009. Partisan Blogs and Blogrolls in Canada: Forums for Democratic Deliberation? Social Science Computer Review 27(2): 155-173.
- Jansen, Harold J., and Royce Koop. 2005. Pundits, Ideologues, and Ranters: The British Columbia Election Online. Canadian Journal of Communication 30(4): 613-632.
- Koop, Royce. 2004. Federal-Provincial Voting and Federal Integration in the Fourth Canadian Party System. Federal Governance, 4.
Peer Reviewed Chapters
- Farney, James, and Royce Koop. 2017. Ideology, Strategy, and Organization in the Conservative Party of Canada. The Blueprint: Conservative Parties and Their Impact on Canadian Politics, eds. J.P. Lewis and Joanna Everett. Toronto: University of Toronto Press.
- Koop, Royce. 2015. Politicians and Local Party Organizations: A Delegation Approach. Parties and Party Systems: Structure and Context, eds. Richard Johnston and Campbell Sharman. Vancouver: UBC Press.
- Koop, Royce. 2014. Parties and Brokerage Politics in Newfoundland & Labrador. First Among Unequals: The Premier, Politics, and Policy in Newfoundland & Labrador, eds. Alex Marland and Matthew Kerby. Montreal and Kingston: McGill-Queen's University Press.
- Giasson, Thierry, Harold Jansen, and Royce Koop. 2014. Hypercitizens: Blogging, Partisanship and Political Participation in Canada. Political Communication in Canada, eds. Alex Marland and Thierry Giasson. Vancouver: UBC Press.
Back to Faculty main page