In memory of Thomas B. Yauk (M.C.P./73), the Manitoba Professional Planners Institute (MPPI), friends and colleagues have established an endowment fund at the University of Manitoba.
The fund will be used to provide one or more scholarships for graduate students who:
• have successfully completed the first year of the Master of City Planning program
• in the next ensuing academic session, are enrolled full-time in the Faculty of Graduate Studies, in the second year of the Master of City Planning program
• have achieved a minimum degree grade point average of 3.5 (based on the last 60 credit hours of study)
• are student members in good standing of the Manitoba Professional Planners Institute
• have demonstrated a commitment to the profession of City Planning, including but not limited to, active participation in MPPI programs and initiatives.
Preference will be given first to students who are conducting research related to inner city neighbourhood revitalization, housing, Aboriginal and / or social equity issues in planning. Preference may also be given to students who have demonstrated strong connections to, or involvements with, inner city neighbourhoods and community development activities in those neighbourhoods.
Candidates will be required to submit an application that will consist of (a) a research proposal (maximum 500 words) that describes the theme, scope, and methods of the proposed inquiry and (b) two letters of reference, one from a professor at a post-secondary institution and one from a planning professional. Candidates are invited to also submit a statement (maximum 500 words) that addresses the preference statements set out above.
Application Deadline: December 2, 2020 4:00 pm
Until further notice, awards applications will only be accepted via email.
Please submit your application to Corrine.Klekta@umanitoba.ca
PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR STUDENT NUMBER AND DEGREE PROGRAM.
Don't forget to Thank your Donor.
2019 - 2020
2018 - 2019
2017 - 2018
2016 - 2017
2013 - 2014