Book the Discovery Room as a meeting space.
- Free Parking
- Free Wifi
- Power outlets available
- Seating and tables for up to 40, arranged however you like
- 70” TV with HDMI connection to laptop
- Projector with VGA connection to laptop
- Use of Coffee Make (you must bring coffee, cream and sugar)
- Optional guided tour of the Discovery Centre
Meeting Package Prices:
- Basic Meeting: $150.00 - includes amenities listed above
- One Snack Meeting: $200.00 *- includes amenities listed above, one morning or afternoon snack, coffee, water and iced tea throughout the day
- Two Snack Meeting: $250.00 *- includes amenities listed above, one morning AND one afternoon snack, coffee, water and iced tea throughout the day
* up to 30 people, additional people will have a surcharge of $2.00/person/snack
Add on some Team Building Exercises lead by FFDC Staff!
- Mix, Knead and Roll your own Pizza - Break into groups to make homemade pizza dough. Learn the science behind gluten formation and compete to see which team can form the strongest gluten the fastest. Top off your pizza with a variety of local ingredients. Teams will be judged to determine which has the best pizza. Enjoy you pizza as an afternoon snack!
- Mix and Knead your own Fresh Bread - Break into groups to make fresh bread. Each group will be making dough with different ratios of white, whole wheat and whole grain flour. Once the bread is baked, a session discussing gluten formation and nutrition of bread will occur. Everyone will try a slice of the different flour combinations to see the differences in texture, taste and smell.
- Communication Games - Break into groups to compete in a molecule communication game. Each team has one speaker who sees diagrams of molecules. Other team members are blind folded and must build molecules according to the speaker’s instructions. First team to build the molecules correctly wins!
- The Real Dirt on Farming - Listen to a presentation lead by FFDC staff then engage in a discussion around the topics presented. The Real Dirt on Farming covers the truth behind some of the controversial topics in agriculture today including GMOs, Pesticides/Herbicides, Hormones, Antibiotics, Organics, Environment and Technology.
- The Canadian Climate Advantage Diet - Listen to a presentation lead by FFDC staff then engage in a discussion around the topics presented. The Canadian Climate Advantage Diet shows some of the amazing food products we grow in Manitoba. It discusses the functional properties Manitoban grown food has demonstrating why our food is so good for you as well as some of the research done right here at the University of Manitoba. Some of the foods presented are flax, carrots, buckwheat, oats, pulses, wheat, and Saskatoon berries. Discovery the added nutritional benefit Manitoba’s functional foods have!
Team Building Prices:
- Book a team building exercise: $16.00 per person
- Add a team building exercise to a meeting: additional $10.00 per person
For more information and to book a meeting or team building exercise, please contact our Discovery Centre Coordinator at (204) 883-2532 or firstname.lastname@example.org