Follow these instructions if you would like to cancel your mobile device:
1. Contact the IST Service Desk at 204-474-8400 or by email at email@example.com with the cell phone number and the date you want the service cancelled. IST will help you determine whether the device is still on contract and how it can be cancelled.
2. Devices with finished contracts can be cancelled easily. Cancellations will be done for the next billing cycle. To initiate a cancellation, an email should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating that it is to be cancelled and when.
3. If a device is still on contract, but no longer needed there are 3 options:
- Cancel the line and pay the penalty to get out of the contract. IST will confirm the penalty cost.
- Redeploy the device to another person in the same department that may need a wireless device. If there is no one at the present time, IST can put the line on suspend at a cost of $15.00 per month until you have a person who needs it. This can be done for up to 6 months before it goes back to the full price plan. The transfer will have to follow the policy for Custody and Control of Electronic Devices and Media Policy.
- If you are leaving the university and want to keep the phone number (and the department agrees, it will require the approval of the IST CIO). If appropriate, IST can do a transfer of ownership to a personal account. The phone number and the remainder of the contract would be moved to a new account at your home address. Departments will determine how the cost of the hardware (reimbursement from staff or not) will be handled. The transfer will have to follow the policy for Custody and Control of Electronic Devices and Media Policy. See: Mobile Devices – Transfer of ownership - university to personal.