Key Features and Benefits
Crowdmark is an online, collaborative marking system for exams and term assignments. For paper-based exams, Crowdmark offers online, manual grading to instructors and their teaching assistants. For term assignments, the platform offers a paperless way to distribute, collect, grade (individually or as a team) and return feedback. Crowdmark integrates with the UM Learn course management system to easily transfer student rosters and grades from one platform to the other.
Click here to see what Crowdmark can do and how it enables online exam evaluation.
To request Crowdmark exam scanning:
- Bring the exam answer sheets to the IST Service Desk
- Complete the request sheet provided at the Service Desk
- Send a Printer-Uploader invitation for your course assessment
- Log in to Crowdmark with your UMnetID
- From your assessment Dashboard, click Team in the sidebar.
- Click ‘Invite by Email’ button in the upper right. A form will appear.
- Type firstname.lastname@example.org into the field. Make sure Printer-Uploader is selected.
- Click Invite. Crowdmark will send an invitation email to the address you entered, prompting the person to sign in, or, if they are a new user, to create a Crowdmark account.
- Scanned exam sheets will be uploaded to Crowdmark once access is provided
Faculty, Instructors and Teaching Assistants
In order to use Crowdmark:
- Obtain permission from your Faculty to use the software
- Each faculty is responsible for creating a support Peer Group to provide training and support to instructors and teaching assistants.
- Request Access to Crowdmark ; IST will initiate a consultation with you to gather additional information if necessary.
IST and the vendor provide technical support for the application
Any costs to the faculty or department will be determined during the request and consultation process