Occasionally valid messages are inadvertently sent into the your Junk Mail folder. There are two reasons why this could happen; there might be a "trigger" word in the title of the document (e.g., Viagra), or the e-mail is sent to hundreds of different people.
You can mark a valid message, as Not Junk and it will move back into your mailbox. In Entourage 2008 you can first mark the mail as Not Junk and then set the sender's domain as safe in your Entourage software.
IMPORTANT: Check your Junk Mail folder daily to make sure you do not miss any valid messages.
Mark an E-mail as Not Junk
1. Open Outlook 2007
2. Click to select the Junk E-mail folder.
3. Review the messages in the folder. If you see a message that is not junk, click once on the message to select it.
4. Right-click the message and select Mark as Not Junk.
5. A Mark as Not Junk windows shows. Click to select Always trust e-mail from "UMMailer @domain_name" and click OK.
Set a Safe Sender
1. Open Outlook 2007.
2. On the menu select Tools then Options.
3. Click the Junk E-mail button in the E-mail section of the Preferences tab.
4. Click Actions, Junk E-mail, then Junk E-mail Options.
5. Click OK.
123 Fletcher Argue
Mon - Fri: 8am to 8pm
230 Neil John Maclean Library
Mon - Fri: 8am to 4:30pm
New! Submit requests & check ticket status online at: umanitoba.ca/ist/service_catalogue/