1. Open Outlook 2011 and log into your Exchange account.
2. Open the Calendar view by clicking on the Calendar button in the pane on the left side of the program.
3. Double-click on the event you wish to modify, or create a new meeting by clicking the New Meeting button.
4. Begin typing an e-mail address or name in the To: field; Outlook will automatically suggest names based on the characters entered.
5. Once you are ready to send out the invitation, click the Send button. Exchange users will receive your meeting proposal via e-mail, where they can approve or deny the request.