The Scheduling Assistant not only allows you to invite multiple people at a time, it shows other people’s availability so that you can choose the best time for your meeting.
Note: Microsoft Outlook will automatically enable a reminder for one hour prior to the meeting by default.
1. Launch Outlook 2011 for the Macintosh and log into your Exchange account.
2. Click on the Calendar button on the bottom left of the screen.
3. Click the New button and select meeting or click the Meeting button.
4. Enter the Subject and Location of the meeting into their respective fields.
5. Adjust the Start time and End time of your meeting.
6. If desired, you can enter a description and/or notes on the bottom of the screen under the Message tab.
7. Click the Scheduling Assistant tab next to the Message tab just above the body of your message/notes.
8. Click on the Add New button under All Attendees and enter a person’s name, e-mail address or Full Name in the Contacts Search window.
Press Enter. If Exchange recognized the name, it will display if the person is available. A white block means that the person is available for that time block.
Note: the Legend on the bottom indicates what other colors represent.
9. Repeat step 6 for all people and resources you wish to include in your group schedule.
10. To remove a name, click on the person’s or resource’s name and press the Delete key. Then, press Enter.
11. If you wish to adjust the time for the meeting, click on the time where you want the meeting to start. A column will appear. You can adjust the length of the meeting by dragging the sides of the column. Alternatively, you can change the specific start and end times at the bottom of the window.
12. Press the Send button. Your meeting has now been added to your calendar and invitations have been sent to the people listed in the Scheduling Assistant.