The Scheduling Assistant not only allows you to invite multiple people at a time, it shows other people’s availability so that you can choose the best time for your meeting.
Note: Microsoft Outlook will automatically enable a reminder for one hour prior to the meeting by default.
1. Open Outlook 2010 for Windows and log into your Exchange account.
2. Click on the Calendar button on the bottom left of the screen.
3. Click the New button.
4. Enter the Subject and Location of the meeting into their respective fields.
5. Adjust the Start time and End time of your meeting (Note: includes both a date and time drop down menus).
6. If desired, you can enter a description and/or notes on the bottom of the screen.
7. Click the Scheduling Assistant button on the Ribbon Toolbar.
8. Enter a person’s name, e-mail address or Full Name in the All Attendees field on the left side of the window. Press Enter. If Exchange recognized the name, it will display if the person is available. A white block means that the person is available for that time block. Note: the Legend on the bottom indicates what other colors represent.
9. Repeat step six for all people and resources you wish to include in your group schedule.
10. To remove a name, click on the person’s or resource’s name and press the backspace key. Then, press Enter.
11. By default, all names entered in Scheduling Assistant are mandatory attendees. To change a person to an optional attendee click on the up arrow next to the person’s name and select Optional Attendee.
12. If you wish to adjust the time for the meeting, click on the time where you want the meeting to start. A column will appear. You can adjust the length of the meeting by dragging the sides of the column. Alternatively, you can change the specific start and end times at the bottom of the window.
13. Press the Send button.Your meeting has now been added to your calendar and invitations have been sent to the people listed in the Scheduling Assistant.