Dimple is involved in research activities with Research, Evaluation and Innovation at The Centre. Her role focusses on assisting with the planning and execution of different research projects for which she requires knowledge of research methods and statistical analysis. She is currently involved with a systematic review on biases associated with Students’ evaluation of teaching.
Dimple graduated with a M.Sc. in Rehabilitation Sciences from the University of Manitoba in 2020 with her thesis titled “Examining unmet healthcare needs by immigration status among Canadian adults.”
After completing her Masters, she continued to work on multiple research projects at the University of Manitoba and University of Calgary as a research assistant for more than a year until she recently joined the Centre in 2021.
Apart from being a researcher full-time, Dimple is also a physiotherapist with a B.Sc. (PT) degree from India and is currently a resident physiotherapist in Canada. She is passionate about educational research as well as being a clinician and constantly thrives to bring her best to both the fields.
Outside of work, she enjoys spending time with her family and going for outdoor activities like hiking, ice-skating and running.
B.Sc. (PT), M.Sc. (Rehab Sciences)
- Stoesz, B., Shooshtari, S., Menec, V., Piotrowski, C., Bhojwani, D., Turner, N., (2021). Work-Related Injuries in Middle-Aged and Older Workers in Newfoundland and Labrador. Retrieved from WorkplaceNL website: https://workplacenl.ca/site/uploads/2021/03/Work-Related-Injuries-in-Middle-Aged-and-Older-Workers-in-Newfoundland-and-Labrador.pdf
- Bhojwani, D., & Shooshtari, S. (2019). Examining unmet healthcare needs by immigration status among Canadian adults (Master’s thesis). Retrieved from http://hdl.handle.net/1993/34474
- Bhojwani, D., & Shooshtari, S. (2019, October). Examining the relationship between unmet healthcare needs and healthcare service utilization by immigration status. Paper presented at the 2019 Canadian Research Data Centre Network National Conference, Halifax, NS, October 24-25. Presentation retrieved from https://crdcn.org/crdcn-2019-national-conference
- Bhojwani, D., & Shooshtari, S. (2019, June). Examining the relationship between unmet healthcare needs and healthcare service utilization by immigration status. Poster presented at the 32nd Annual Canadian Student Health Research Forum, Winnipeg, MB, June 10-14.
- Bhojwani, D., & Shooshtari, S. (2019, June). Examining the relationship between unmet healthcare needs and healthcare service utilization by immigration status. Poster presented at the College of Rehabilitation Sciences Research Day, Winnipeg, MB, June 19.
- Bhojwani, D. (2016, Dec). Musculoskeletal problems among medical and para-medical students: Prevalence, causes and responses. Paper presented at the 5th International Conference of Physical Therapy, AIIMS, New Delhi, India, Dec 10-11.
- Featured in 2018-2019 Research Manitoba Annual Report as top three research profiles. Retrieved from https://researchmanitoba.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/AR_2018-19_annual_report_FNL_Digital_30Sept19.pdf