Equity, diversity and inclusion workshops
We offer a range of workshops on a variety of equity, diversity and inclusion topics and how they translate to best practices in the classroom. The topics range from an introduction to EDI principles in course design to workshops with a more specialized EDI focus in teaching and learning.
Check back in September for our fall 2023 workshops
Accessible design for assessment
Assessment is the key to evaluating the success of teaching strategies. If we do not utilize diverse assessment methods that account for the abilities of the learner population in courses, we will not be able to effectively assess the efficacy of teaching strategies being employed. This course will aid Faculty and Instructors in developing diverse assessment tools that remove barriers to the expression of learning, facilitate dynamic and engaging learning environments, and develop accessible spaces for all learners.
- Date: Tuesday, November 7, 2023
- Time: 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Delivery method: Room 223 - The Centre (65 Dafoe)
- Facilitator: John Bevan
Incorporating EDI into Your Course and Teaching
Created for post-secondary teachers in Manitoba, this training aims to enhance the understanding of equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) in the post-secondary teaching context and provide strategies and teaching techniques for advancing EDI in teaching and learning.
The Manitoba Flexible Learning Hub developed this training upon request from the Flexible Learning Advisory Group representing six post-secondary institutions in Manitoba - Assiniboine Community College, Brandon University, University College of the North, Red River College Polytechnic, University of Winnipeg, and the University of Manitoba.
- Modality: asynchronous, self-study
- Time to complete: about 30 minutes (estimated reading time from Module Introduction to Congratulations; visiting hyperlinked resources not included in the time estimation)
- Delivery method: UM Learn, self-registration section
- Course Offering code: CENTRE_IEDIYCT_122022.
Self registration instructions
- After login in to UM Learn, select from Menu under the logo the words “Self registration.”
- From the first column, "Course Offering Code" of the "Self registering Course offerings," find course CENTRE_IEDIYCT_122022, then select the hyperlinked text in the second column that reads: "Incorporating into Your Course and Teaching." Important: The "Course Offering Code" is either ascending or descending, depending on the small arrow beside the column name.
- A new dialogue box will open. Select the "Register" button in the lower right-hand corner to enroll in the course.
Congratulations! You are now registered for the course.