The Human Resources Department is here to assist you with all of your staffing, employee well-being, and recruitment needs. We offer a variety of services including consulting, disability case management, and external advertising. Click on the various headings to learn more.
We understand how complicated it can be to implement various HR policies, Collective Agreement standards, and overall better management practices in your departments. We are here to help! Our HR Consultants are well-seasoned professionals, demonstrate best-practices whenever possible, and strive to offer the best service to all of their clients. As such, we are here to assist you with all of your Human Resources functions, including:
Coordination of all recruitment processes
- Job postings
- Providing advice concerning appropriate recruitment practices
- Advising & assisting with online recruitment procedures
- Approving postings
- Advising & assisting with the interview process
- Advising & assisting in determining successful candidates and developing selection justifications
- Making job offers and assigning appropriate step placement
- Authorizing completed appointment documentation
Classification and Salary Administration
- Providing advice & assistance in writing job descriptions
- Advising client departments on salary administration as per collective agreements and compensation policies
- Ensuring all governmental, legal, and contractual regulations are met
- (for further information on Classification, click here)
- Providing interpretation of collective agreements and University policies, procedures and practices as they apply to the workplace
- Advising & supporting clients engaged in grievance, layoff/position discontinuance, sick leave management, termination or internal placement procedures (in conjunction with our Staff Relations Officers)
- Providing information & advice to clients regarding the development and implementation of sound performance management practices
- Providing strategies for administering disciplinary processes
- Participating in disciplinary meetings if requested
- Providing coaching/counseling services to employees in support of a respectful work environment
- Conducting or participating in organizational reviews and developing workplace solutions
- Participating in Graduated Return to Work and Accommodation plans for employees returning from sick leave or LTD
For more detailed contact information, click here.
If you are uncertain who your HR Consultant is, click here.
Our disability management and employee wellness program is designed to minimize the personal and financial effects of disability.
The Disability Case Coordinator & Wellness Team is here to assist your department with:
- Administering sick leave and attendance management programs
- Developing return to work plans that may involve special accommodations
- Working with employees who no longer qualify for Long Term Disability benefits and attempting to identify jobs and return-to-work opportunities for them
- Developing and facilitating training programs related to disability management, employee well-being and return-to-work initiatives
For more detailed information on Employee Wellness, as well as relevant forms, click here.