1. THAT the Royal Bank of Canada (“Royal Bank”) is appointed banker for the Customer.
2. THAT any TWO of the Board Chair, Board Secretary, Vice-President (Administration), Comptroller, Associate Comptroller or Manager of Treasury Services are authorized on behalf of the Customer from time to time:
(a) to withdraw or order transfers of funds from the Customer’s accounts by any means including the making, drawing, accepting, endorsing or signing of cheques, promissory notes, bills of exchange, other orders for the payment of money or other instruments or the giving of other instructions;
(b) to sign any agreements or other documents or instruments with or in favour of Royal Bank, including agreements and contracts relating to products or services provided by Royal Bank to the Customer; and
(c) to do, or to authorize any person or persons to do, any one or more of the following:
(i) to receive from Royal Bank any cash or any securities, instruments or other property of the Customer held by Royal Bank, whether for safekeeping or as security, or to give instructions to Royal Bank for the delivery or other transfer of any such cash, securities, instruments or other property to any person named in those instructions;
(ii) to deposit with or negotiate or transfer to Royal Bank, for the credit of the customer, cash or any security, instrument or other property, and for those purposes to endorse (by rubber stamp or otherwise) the name of the Customer, or any other name under which the Customer carries on business, on any security or instrument;
(iii) to instruct Royal Bank, by any means, to debit the accounts of third parties for deposit to the credit of the Customer;
(iv) to receive statements, instruments and other items (including paid cheques) and documents relating to the Customer’s accounts with or any service of Royal Bank, and to settle and certify the Customer’s accounts with Royal Bank.
3. THAT all instruments, instructions, agreements (including contracts relating to products or services provided by Royal Bank) and documents made, drawn, accepted, endorsed or signed (under the corporate seal or otherwise) as provided in this Resolution and delivered to Royal Bank by any person, shall be valid and binding on the Customer, and Royal Bank is hereby authorized to act on them and give effect to them.
4. THAT Royal Bank be furnished with:
(a) a copy of this Resolution; and
(b) a list of the names of the persons authorized by this Resolution to act on behalf of the Customer, and with written notice of any changes which may take place in such list from time to time, and with specimens of the signatures of all such persons; each certified by the (1) Board Chair and (2) Board Secretary of the Customer; and
(c) in writing, any authorizations made under paragraph 2(c) of this Resolution.
5. THAT any document furnished to Royal Bank as provided for in paragraph 4 of this Resolution shall be binding upon the Customer until a new document repealing or replacing the previous one has been received and duly acknowledged in writing by the branch or agency of Royal Bank where the Customer has its account.
THAT a $2.33 per credit hour contribution be assessed against the students in the Department of Landscape Architecture for a three-year term commencing in the fall of 20 13 as outlined in the letter from Ralph Stern, Dean, Faculty of Architecture, dated November 9, 2012.
THAT a $2.50 per credit hour contribution be assessed against the students in the Department of Environmental Design for a three-year term commencing in the fall of 2013 as outlined in the letter from Ralph Stern, Dean, Faculty of Architecture, dated October 31,2012.
THAT the Board of Governors approve three new offers and two amended offers as set out in Appendix A of the Report of the Senate Committee on Awards [dated October 25, 2012].
THAT the Board of Governors approve two new offers, two amended offers, and the withdrawal of seven offers, as set out in Appendix A of the Report of the Senate Committee on Awards [dated November 19, 2012].
THAT the Board of Governors approve a proposal for the Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Criminology [as recommended by Senate, December 5, 2012].
THAT the Board of Governors approve a proposal for the Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Anthropology [as recommended by Senate, January 9, 2013]