Art Barn Studio
This "L"-shaped building is now situated behind the Agricultural Buildings complex. Its north face was once fully visible from Dafoe Road as it ranked as one of the most important campus buildings when the campus was originally organized in 1912. Samual Hooper and V.W. Horwood, the Provincial Architect, were responsible for the orginal design of the dairy barn
Understandably, the prevailing Georgian style of campus architecture did not readily lend itself to a barn. The architects retained the campus building materials of salmon-red brick and limestone dressing, but created a structure with the double pitch of the traditional gambrel roof typical of many prairie barns. It is distinguished from its prairie cousins by its superb quality of construction. Permanence was an obvious factor in its design. This has been verified by its new use. The five thousand s quare foot structure is now used by the School of Art as painting and drawing studios.