The University of Manitoba is a registered workplace in the 2017 Commuter Challenge – a friendly week-long competition that challenges participants to walk, cycle, carpool or take transit to school or work.
In 2016, 365 University of Manitoba staff and students participated in the challenge travelling more than 31,000km and avoiding 5.4 tons of greenhouse gas emissions.
Already walk, bike, carpool or take the bus to campus? Great! Sign up and see the impact you're making!
Already registered? Log in Here
Early Bird Registration Prize! Register before noon on Thursday, June 1 and be entered to win a Max 5 Pass (5 day) Winnipeg Transit pass for Commuter Challenge week (June 5-9).
Register for Commuter Challenge, enjoy a refreshment, and learn more about the events we have planned.
Fort Garry Bike Blender Smoothies
Bannatyne Bike Blender Smoothies
Monday, June 5 | 8:00 – 9:30 AM
Wednesday, June 7 | 8:00 – 9:30 AM
Thursday, June 8 | 8:00 – 9:30 AM
All University of Manitoba staff and students who register and participate in Commuter Challenge will be eligible for prizes from Green Action Centre. PLUS, there are prizes exclusively for U of M Participants!
Early Bird Registration Prize
Register before noon (12PM) on Thursday June 1 and be entered to win a Max 5 (5 day) Winnipeg Transit pass for June 5-9 (Commuter Challenge Week)
University of Manitoba Prizes
- 2 x 4-month memberships to Recreation Services facilities, valued at $210 each (staff/faculty only)
- Bike tune-up from UMCycle, valued at $75 (staff/faculty only)
- Refurbished bike from UMCycle (students only)
- Bike tune-up from UMCycle valued at $75, plus 1 x 50% off merchandise coupon (students only, some restrictions apply)
- $20 gift certificate for Degrees (students only)
- $20 gift certificate for the HUB (students only)
- UM student locker and towel service for 1-term, valued at $75 (students only)
- University of Manitoba t-shirt
- 5 Office of Sustainability travel mugs
Prize selection is by random draw. With the exception of the Early Bird Prize, only participants who have registered and logged Commuter Challenge Week trips by Friday, June 16 will be eligible for prizes.
Thank you to the following for their support of Commuter Challenge at the University of Manitoba:
- Green Action Centre
- UMCycle Bike Kiosk
- University of Manitoba Bookstore
- Degrees Restaurant
- The HUB Social Club
- University of Manitoba Dining Services
- Recreation Services - Faculty of Kinesiology & Recreation Management