Co-Curricular Record Frequently Asked Questions



1. What is the Co-Curricular Record (CCR)?
The CCR is an official record of participation in officially approved University of Manitoba activities. As of 2012, the CCR no longer appears on the academic transcript, but exists as its own official record.

2. Why is the record no longer on the transcript?
In following best practices for CCR’s established by institutions across North America, the University of Manitoba now offers an official CCR as a stand alone document.

3. How do i Access my CCR?
To access your record, you will need to log-in to UMCommunityLINK. In the top right hand corner you will see the text, “log in”. You will be prompted to add a username and password. Use your UMNet User ID and password to log in (what you use to log-in to Jump). All students are able to log-in using their UMNet ID and password.

4. What is on a CCR?
CCR’s contain notations. A notation is a line that references the activity you participated in, the position you held, and the dates that you were involved.

CCR’s can also provide a description of what your role was. To add a description to your record, you can claim an experience within the UMCommunityLINK portal. To claim an experience, click the “My Involvement” tab at the top of the site Scroll down to “Experience.” Once you are on the experience page, you can claim an experience for an activity you participated in. You must provide contact information for someone who is in a position to validate your participation and the descritption you have written.

Please ensure you have selected the right CCR category before claiming an experience.

5. How far back can i receive recognittion for?
The Co-Curricular Record was officially launched in Fall 2011. We are only able to provide recognition for activities that occurred from Fall 2011 and up.

6. What do I have to do to get my activity officially approved?
Please review the following guide.

7. How can I use my CCR?
The CCR is a resource that can be used when applying to graduate or professional programs as well as applying for employment opportunities.  UMCommunityLINK offers you tools to customize your CCR formatting depending on the situation you plan on using it in.

8. I have more questions, where can I go to have them answered?
If you have further questions, please contact or visit 225 University Centre.

Last updated: June 1, 2015


FAQs Billy Bison

Collegiatelink Billy Bison