PRELIMINARY EXAM TIMETABLE
STUDENTS WRITING EXAMINATIONS WILL BE REQUIRED TO PRESENT A VALID UNIVERSITY OF MANITOBA PICTURE IDENTIFICATION CARD AT EACH EXAMINATION WHICH APPEARS ON THIS TIMETABLE. Students who have not already had their card produced should make an appointment to have one made prior to the start of these Examinations. To arrange an appointment call the I.D. Centre at 474-9428.
Impersonation in examinations can lead to the suspension or expulsion from the University of all persons involved and may also lead to prosecution under the Criminal Code of Canada.
While writing their examination, candidates may not be in possession, at their seat, of any unauthorized material such as unauthorized notes, texts, or books, knapsacks, suitcases or other carrying devices. The use of cell phones, PDA's and other electronic devices capable of transmitting a signal is prohibited in all examinations. Calculators are permitted only with the permission of the instructor and/or the Department or Faculty. Students found in possession of unauthorized material will be subject to disciplinary action.
1) Students should report all conflicts (i.e. more than one examination at the same time) to the Registrar's Office.
2) Students who have three examinations in a row as reported on this timetable and would like to try to adjust their timetable, should report such cases to the Registrar's Office.
The following situation is not considered as three-in-a-row.
3) The deadline for requesting changes to individual schedules is one week following the posting of the Final Timetable.
4) Copies of the appropriate form for reporting conflicts or cases of three consecutive examinations, are available in the Registrar's Office.
B. Students who are unable to write an examination at the scheduled time for reasons of religious observance may have alternate arrangements made. Such conflicts, if confirmed in the FINAL TIMETABLE, should be reported, using the appropriate form, to the Registrar's Office by Friday, November 17, 2006.
C. The following conditions must be met in order to request a timetable change for any examination listed in the attached timetable.
1) The examiner(s) and all students in the course must sign a petition clearly stating the period from which the course would be changed to the period in which they would like the examination written.
2) The Head of the Department or School offering the course must endorse the petition.
3) In order to grant the request, there must be sufficient seats in the new time period desired.
4) No further conflicts or cases of three examinations in a row may be created by the change.
The deadline for petitions to change the timetable is Tuesday October 31, 2006. The petitions must be submitted to the Registrar's Office by 4:30 p.m. that day.
D . The telephone number for inquiries or information concerning examinations is 474-8608.
The location of the Registrar's Office is Room 400 University Centre, Fort Garry Campus.