This page serves as a source of information about writing final exams at the University of Manitoba. The links to the right can be used for easy navigation of exam rules and regulations, exam schedules, and other relevant information.
General Exam Information
- A final examination is a test scheduled within an examination period which serves as the final evaluation of student performance in a course (University of Western Ontario, Academic Handbook, Issued 2009 03).
- Students must remain available until all examination and test obligations have been fulfilled. Travel plans are not an acceptable reason for missing examinations.
- For most faculties/schools, final examinations are normally conducted twice during the Fall/Winter Session:
- December Exam Period*: for Fall Term Final Exams and for mid-term tests for Fall/Winter Term spanned courses.
- April/May Exam Period*: for Winter Term and Fall/Winter Term spanned course Final Exams.
*Please refer to the Academic Schedule in the online Academic Calendar for the exact time periods.
The U of M administers some exams on behalf of other organizations - information about writing these exams is found on the websites listed below.
SAT | LSAT | GRE | ACT
Updated July 19, 2016