If you're wondering what you can do to get ready for September, check out our helpful list below:
- Activate your U of M email account: Most official correspondence will be directed to your U of M provisioned email account. If you haven’t already done so activate it and learn about the Electronic Communications Policy.
- Get your Student Photo I.D. Card: Getting your Student Photo I.D. Card early will allow you to avoid long line-ups. Be sure to take note of office hours and the official documents required.
- Download the free U of M mobile app: For quick access to news, your grades and class schedules, interactive campus maps, real-time bus departures and more. Download it now!
- Join the conversation: Follow @um_student on Twitter or find us on Facebook at facebook.com/UM.Student, where you’ll get updates about Orientation and everything else happening at the University of Manitoba. #umorientation
- Apply for a bursary: Eligible students are able to apply for bursaries to help with their tuition costs. Get the application link and more details here.
- Opt out of the UMSU Health and Dental Plan: If you have other insurance coverage, be sure to check out the Opt-out date and procedures.
Fall Orientation 2015 is taking place on September 8 & 9. Students will be assigned a day to attend according to their faculty. If you're wondering what you can do on the day you aren't attending Orientation, we've got some great suggestions!
- Pay your tuition fees: There are several different ways to pay. Select the option that is best for you. Fees are due by September 16, 2015.·
- Buy your textbooks: Log onto Aurora Student to get your booklist, then you can purchase what you need at the UofM Bookstore and Archives (the Student Union run used bookstore).
- Buy your bus pass or tickets: Be sure to bring your Student Photo I.D. card to the Answers booth on the 1st floor of University Centre to purchase your pass or tickets.
- Check out Recreation Services: Stop by the Frank Kennedy Centre to activate your membership, join a Rec League, or sign up for a program.
- Locate your classes: Explore campus and locate the buildings and rooms where your classes will be. Need help finding your way around? Go to an Information Station and a volunteer will help you.
- Buy your ticket to the Annual Pep Rally & Bison Football Home Opener: Start the year off with a dose of Bison Pride and come to the first home football game of the season on Friday, September 11. This is a gold rush game – which means students are encouraged to show their Bison Pride by wearing gold! Some lucky students who arrive early can get a free t-shirt too! Go here to get more details on how to get your tickets. #GOBISONS
If you have any questions in the meantime, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Student Life Office at 204-474-9093.