Calm Rooms and Bell Let’s Talk Events
Out of the ongoing feedback from students, staff and faculty about a need for more spaces on campus where all can connect and relax, along with the opportunity to apply for the Mindful Campus Grant in 2019, came a pilot project consisting of pop-up ‘wellness spaces’ to be used for a variety of activities, workshops, and other purposes. Partnering with the existing Bell Let’s Talk events, three wellness spaces were enjoyed by all during the week of January 27-31, 2020 alongside creative workshops, resilience training and mindful gatherings.
Read more about the events and future plans in our Mindful Campus Report (PDF).
Britt Harvey, Health & Wellness Educator (email@example.com)
Arlana Vadnais, Campus Mental Health Facilitator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mindful Campuses Grants, a collaboration between Mindful Employer Canada, Canada Life and Workplace Strategies for Mental Health.
Our thanks to all involved:
The UM Mindful Campus Grant Initiative Team:
- Tanya Angus, Director, Recreation Services
- Leah Deane, Director, Student Services at Bannatyne Campus
- Edgar French, Spiritual Care Coordinator
- Bailey Hendry, Health & Wellness Program Assistant
- Alexandria Lem, Residence Life Coordinator
- Jodie Schoenbeck, Student Support Case Manager
- Jesse Singer, Student Support Case Worker
- Erin White, Mental Health Strategy Assistant
- Rikki Fontaine, Lori Arnold, Active Minds Student Group, Seema Goel, Bambilyn Goodale