ICE provides you with resources and training opportunities to support development as a leader and to connect with your culture. In ICE, you will develop valuable public speaking skills, networking skills, and more.
"ICE has made me feel more connected to my culture, and part of the Indigenous community at the university. I have learned valuable life skills from role models in a welcoming environment."
Student in the I.H. Asper School of Business
"ICE has provided me with many opportunities to develop leadership skills. It also has given me the opportunity to learn more about my culture and allows me to give back to the Indigenous community with project development and sharing."
Student in the Faculty of Arts
To apply to become an ICE member, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a University of Manitoba student in good academic standing (minimum G.P.A. = 2.5).
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 18 credit hours over the Fall and Winter terms or be a full-time graduate student.
- You must be First Nations, Métis, or Inuit.
- Be available for meetings that are held every two weeks.
We expect ICE members to:
- Be open-minded, inclusive, respectful, and responsible.
- Bring a positive attitude to all meetings and events.
- Attend at least 80% of meetings and to let us know ahead of time if they are unable to make a meeting.
- Do 4 hours of volunteering per term (Fall & Winter).
- Complete a Capstone project (as a group).
- Complete Speechcraft Public Speaking Training (4 sessions that will take place on Thursday evenings in January and February)(Not a requirement for students that have already completed Speechcraft Training).
- Fill out an application form for a grant to support the ICE program (part of this application form).
The deadline to submit an application was
Friday, September 16, 2016.
Marsi, Ekosi, Miigwech to everyone that applied!
If you have any questions, please contact:
Dr. Justin Rasmussen
Indigenous Student Centre
114 Sidney Smith Street
The application process for 2016-2017 is now closed.
Marsi, Ekosi, Miigwech to everyone that applied.