Who is Meeting You When You Arrive?
- If possible, arrange in advance to have friends or family meet you at the airport.
- Make sure that you inform those who are meeting you of all of your flight information, including your flight number and exact date and time of arrival.
Do You Have . . .
- A current passport or travel document (or proof of citizenship for U.S. citizens)
- A valid Temporary Resident Visa, if required
- Your letter of introduction issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (confirming that your Study Permit application was approved)
- An original or copy of your University of Manitoba Certificate of Acceptance
- Evidence of adequate funds for your stay in Canada
- Access to adequate funds during your travel to Canada and the first few days in Winnipeg (such as an internationally accepted credit card or travelers cheques)
- A record of immunization
- A list of the names of all medications you require
- A driver’s license
- A list of the personal items you are bringing with you to Canada or having shipped to Canada
Have You . . .
- Sent your International Student Arrival Form to ICS
- Indicated on your International Student Arrival Form which ICS programs you would like to participate in (such as the Orientation or the Campus Buddy Program)
- Confirmed your arrival date, time, and flight number with your Homestay family or the friends/family meeting you at the airport
- Arranged for accommodation:
- Packed warm clothing if you are arriving in Canada between October and April
- Checked the baggage restrictions for each airline you will use