Mental Health: None
Physical Health: None
Social and Cultural: None
- Canada’s Lower-Risk Cannabis Use Guidelines: Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2017.
- Canada’s Low-Risk Alcohol Drinking Guidelines: Canadian Centre on Substance Use and Addiction, 2017.
- “Alcohol shortens your attention span for up to 48 hours…” University of Saskatchewan, 2014.
- “Drinking may decrease arousal…” University of Saskatchewan, 2014.
- “Even though smoking hookah may sound like a healthier alternative…” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2016.
- “If you are a regular smoker, you may be spending thousands of dollars per year on smoking. Quitting smoking is like giving yourself a pay raise! Calculate your cost here: (link)” Health Promotion Agency, 2018.
- “Students who get more than 6 hours per night consistently have higher GPAs than those who don’t” Kelly, Kelly, and Clanton, 2001.
- “Your body does not adapt to less sleep – instead you become chronically sleep deprived” Sleep Health Foundation (2011).
- “Poor body image has shown to significantly decrease sexual satisfaction in women…” Pujols, Meston, and Seal, 2010.
- Canadian Centre on Substance Use and Addiction. (2017). Canada’s Low-Risk Alcohol Drinking Guidelines.
Retrieved from http://www.ccdus.ca/Resource%20Library/2012-Canada-Low-Risk- Alcohol-Drinking-Guidelines-Brochure-en.pdf.
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health. (2017). Canada’s Lower-Risk Cannabis Use Guidelines.
Retrieved from: https://www.cpha.ca/lower-risk-cannabis-use-guidelines-canada.
- Centres for Disease Control and Prevention. (2016). Hookahs.
Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/tobacco_industry/hookahs/index.htm.
- Health Promotion Agency. (2018). Cost of smoking calculator.
Retrieved from https://www.smokefree.org.nz/smoking-its-effects/cost-of-smoking/cost-of-smoking-calculator.
- Kelly, W., Kelly, K., & Clanton, R. (2001). The relationship between sleep length and grad point average among college students. College Student Journal, 35(1), 85-86.
Retrieved from http://media.biobiochile.cl/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/215-4929907074434892796-The_Relationship_Between_Sleep_Lenght_and_Grade_Point_Average.pdf.
- Pujols, Y., Meston, C., & Seal, B. (2010). The association between sexual satisfaction and body image in women. The Journal of Sexual Medicine, 7, 905-916.
Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2874628.
- Sleep Health Foundation. (2011). Common myths about sleep.
Retrieved from https://sleephealthfoundation.org.au/files/pdfs/Sleep-Myths.pdf.
- University of Saskatchewan. (2014). Alcohol 101.
Retrieved from https://students.usask.ca/articles/alcohol.php.
- Government of Canada. (2017). Healthy Living. Retrieved from Government of Canada website: https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/healthy-living.html.
- Government of Canada. (2016). Sexual Health and Promotion. Retrieved from Government of Canada website: https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/healthy-living/sexual-health-promotion.html.